This article is about the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime Problems, Issues and Cons Review.
This is really a very good smartphone at the given price tag. Comparison wise with other devices it has some really appealing specs. It has a fingerprint scanner, Snapdragon 430 chipset, Adreno 505 GPU, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory and many more. But those are the pros. Now lets talk about the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime problems, issues and cons.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime problems and issues which can be also considered as disadvantages, bugs, demerits, cons and downsides:
1. The first is the display resolution, it only a 720p HD screen with a pixel density of 294 ppi. It is an average display with average resolution. There are some smartphones which costs less than this does comes with a full HD screen.
2. Next problems or drawbacks is that there is no dedicated memory card slot. It has to use one of the SIM card slot but that will make the smartphone a single SIM smartphone.
3. The navigational touch buttons which are below the display are not backlit. Before Redmi devices comes with backlit and now they are ditching them.
4. Another Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime issues or downsides is with the warranty services for consumers living in remote places. Its easy to buy from Flipkart as they deliver pan India but the limited service centers might be a problem from some.
5. The selfie camera performance in low light is not promising. Sure it is a 5 megapixel sensor but the smaller focal aperture makes the image quality noisy in low light conditions. If you are not interested in taking selfies then you can forget this cons.
6. There is no any protection for the display from scratch or shatter which is another problems. The reason is there is neither a Gorilla Glass or Asahi Dragontrail Glass. However a good tempered glass might solve the issues.
7. There is no any way to open the back panel. Means the battery is not accessible or removable. There will be times when users will force fully need to remove the battery to turn off the device.
My Verdict: Its a very decent despite the cons. However if in case you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime display have protection with Corning Gorilla Glass 3?
– No, it does not have a Gorilla Glass protection for the display.
Can both the SIM card slot support 4G LTE?
– One SIM slot works with WCDMA and the other with 4G LTE.
What about Quick Charge or Fast battery charging technology with Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime?
– Yes it supports fast charging technology which takes only 75 minutes from zero percent to hundred percent.
Is there signal reception or network issues?
– There is no any signal reception issues or network problems with internet or calls.
What about hanging or lagging problems?
– There is no any lags or hangs.
Does the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime support USB OTG cable?
– Yes, it supports USB OTG cable and can even connect it to external hard disks.
Does it have VoLTE support?
– Yes it does support VoLTE. It is a feature for making voice calls over LTE networks.
Does the battery drain or have draining issues?
– No it does not have any battery draining problems.
Does it have NFC?
– There is no NFC (Near Field Communication).
Does the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime have heating issues?
– Technically speaking there is no any heating problems what so ever. It just heats a little when extreme high end games are played on it which is pretty normal and is quite manageable.