This article is about the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Review with Pros and Cons.
As soon as after the launch of the Mi Mix and Mi Note 2 Xiaomi has launched another smartphone called the Redmi 4 Prime. It is actually the successor of Redmi 3S. Now lets discuss the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime pros and cons. Kindly note that the review is strictly based on facts in general and not in personal preferences.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime pros and cons which can be also considered as advantages and disadvantages.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime (Pros):
1. The quality of 5 inch screen is very vibrant with a very high pixel density of 443 ppi (pixels per inch). Color representation, brightness and contrast are perfectly balanced.
2. The engine is rocked with a 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 chipset which is a Quad-core. The device does runs pretty smooth without any heating issues or problems.
3. Multitasking has been taken care by the 3 GB of RAM which is enough to run multiple apps at the same time.
4. Graphics for gaming is handled by the latest Adreno 506 GPU which can runs graphic intensive games without any lags or heating problems even when played for longer period of time.
5. The on board memory is of 32 GB which can be further expanded up to 256 GB with the help of a microSD card.
6. The primary 13 megapixel camera produces good quality images in both natural and indoors lightning conditions with low light intensity. The video quality is also quite decent.
7. The latest version of Android Marshmallow is the operating system which has been coupled with the MIUI 8.0 user interface of Xiaomi. Now will the operating system be updated (or upgraded) to Android Nougat 7.0? Yup, as all the past devices which were running Lollipop has been upgraded to Marshmallow.
8. Below the camera there hoods a fingerprint sensor (or scanner) which is very quick in responding and recognizing.
9. Apart from fingerprint scanner it has all the important sensors like accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass and ambient light.
10. It also has an infrared sensor for IR blaster which can be used for wireless control of TV, AC and other home electronic appliances.
11. Yes, the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime does supports VoLTE networks. VoLTE feature is a technology that allows making voice calls over 4G LTE networks.
12. The battery is packed with a very large capacity of 4100 mAh which can power up the device for more than a day foe normal user. And with its battery power saving mode it can hold up to two days.
13. Yes it have a fast battery charging technology Quick Charge which can charge the device up to 83% in just 30 minutes.
14. And finally the last pros is the premium body material with chamfered edges on all sides which gives an aesthetic look in design.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime (Cons, Disadvantages, Negatives, Downsides):
1. The first cons or problems is that the camera cannot record videos in 4K resolution.
2. Second demerits is that the external memory card slot is not a dedicated one, means it has to be shared with one of the SIM card slot. However its a major issues or problems considering the fact that it at least have a slot option rather than not having at all.
3. And the last Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime cons is the absence of a Corning Gorilla Glass or Asahi Dragon Glass for the protection of its display. However it is not that it does not have any display protection, it definitely does have but not from known brand.
My Verdict: Worth every penny. But in case if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.