This article is about the Xiaomi Redmi S2 Review with Pros and Cons.
Once again Xiaomi is making a huge bet on their new budget smarthone with heavily loaded specs and features. You can safely say that is the younger cousin of Redmi Note 4. Anyway I have written this post to talk about why you should consider buying it. So without any delay lets do the Xiaomi Redmi S2 review with pros and cons along with some problems and issues.
Below are the lists of Xiaomi Redmi S2 advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Pros and Advantages):
1. Screen size is 5.99 inch which holds a resolution of 1440×720 pixels. Means technically it is a full HD plus panel. The pixel density of the IPS LCD is 269 ppi (pixels per inch). Colors do pop well and the brightness is high enough for viewing outdoors.
2. The engine of the Xiaomi Redmi S2 is a 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 which is a very very good processor. It is the one which the Redmi Note 4 has. Even after prolonged use there are no heating issues or problems.
RAM & GRAPHICS
3. The primary memory for multitasking is 4 GB. There is also a lower RAM variant of 3 GB. I recommend you to get the 4 GB one as the price is not much of a difference.
4. Another Xiaomi Redmi S2 pros is the graphics which is powered by Adreno 506. You will be able to run most of the graphic intensive applications and games without any heating problems or lagging issues like frame drops. Everything runs pretty smooth.
MEMORY & CAMERA
5. The internal memory is of 64 GB. Yes like the RAM it has two variants, the other one has 32 GB memory. One great feature is that it has a dedicated memory card slot.
6. The primary camera is a comination of 12 megapixels and 5 megapixels. The secondary one is of 16 megapixels. The maximum resolution the rear camera can take is up to 1080p resolution. Talking about the image quality its decent, saturation is good, contrast and brightness levels are fine.
7. Another good reason to get the Xiaomi Redmi S2 is for the Android 8.0 operating system which is Nougat version of Android.
8. On the rear there is a fingerprint scanner. Its pretty quick and accurate in responding and recognition.
9. The lists of sensors are accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, gravity, sensor, gyroscope and proximity sensor.
10. The USB type is micro USB 2.0 but it does support USB OTG cable for connecting fash drives.
BATTERY & FAST CHARGING
11. The capacity of the battery is not massive it can easily last throughout the day even for an avi user. The exact rated value is 3080 mAh.
12. And yes it does have the fast charging geature which can charge the device in just 90 minutes from zero percent to hundred percent.
BODY MATERIAL & OTHERS
13. The body of the smartphone is made out of aluminium. Its comes in three variants which are gold, silver and rose gold.
14. And coming to the last reason to buy is for the face unlock feature. Its probably one of the cheapest smartphone to have the face recognition feature.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first cons I found in this smartphone is that SAR values are not mentioned. For those who don’t know what SAR values follow this link.
My Verdict: Nothing major flaw. However if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow this link.