This article is about the ZTE Blade V8 Pro Pros and Cons Review.
After the grand success of the Nubia Z11 its time for another device. This time they have updated the blade series. First of all this is not a high end smartphone, but at the same time its neither a budget one. Specifications wise it lies somewhere between Moto G4 Plus and OnePlus 3. Now let’s do the detailed review of ZTE Blade V8 Pro along with pros and cons.
Below are the lists of ZTE Blade V8 Pro advantages and disadvantages review which can be also be considered as pros and cons along with problems and issues.
Reasons to Buy ZTE Blade V8 Pro (Pros and Advantages):
1. The first pros is the display which holds a 5.5 inch full HD screen with a pixel density of 401 ppi (pixels per inch). The viewing angles are very good with great contrast levels, saturation, brightness and colors.
2. Under the hood the device is powered by a 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 chipset. Yes its the latest in the 600 series which is an octa-core CPU. There are no any heating issues or problems under extreme processing.
3. With the Snapdragon 625 it comes embedded with a 3 GB RAM for multitasking.
4. For gaming the graphics is handled by Adreno 506 GPU.
5. Internally it comes with 32 GB of on-board memory which can be further expanded up to 256 GB with the help of a micro SD card. Out of the 32 GB about 26 GB is left for the user.
6. The primary camera has a different set up. Means it has a dual 13 MP camera which serves as one by combining them. These type of setups provides better dynamic range compared to the single one. The secondary camera is a 8 megapixel sensor which quality wise is quite good even in low light conditions. By the way the LED flash is also a dual one.
7. Another pros is that the primary 13 megapixel camera does records videos is 4K resolution.
8. The operating system comes with the latest version of Android Marshmallow. Now will it receive the Android Nougat software update? Compared to their previous devices it should receive Android 7.0 Nougat upgrade, but I can’t vouch for that.
9. There is a USB Type-C reversible connector for faster data transfer. It also supports USB OTG cable.
10. A fingerprint sensor resides on the front panel below the screen which also serves as home button. Responding and recognition is good which takes about 0.3 seconds at max.
11. Apart from the fingerprint scanner it has accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, gyroscope and ambient light sensor.
12. The battery which it comes along is a 3140 mAh capacity which can last more than a day. And yes its a non removable one which is not a cons anymore as today more than 95% of smartphones have non user-replaceable battery.
13. Now does it support fast charging charging technology like Quick Charge of anything? Yup it does comes with quick charging which can charge for a day usage for normal users in just 30 minutes. Heavy gamers will find real handy with this feature.
14. And finally the last is the protection for the display. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 as screen protector from scratch and shatter.
Reasons Not to Buy ZTE Blade V8 Pro (Cons, Demerits, Downsides, Disadvantages, Issues and Problems):
1. The first ZTE Blade V8 Pro cons is that the memory card slot is a shared one, means it will be using one of the SIM card slot. It may not be a big problems but for some who are into the business of having two SIM cards without compromise for memory slot is a big deal.
2. The device is not 100% clean, means the device comes pre-installed with some third-party bloatwares or unnecessary apps. You can remove some but not all, rotting the device will help you remove them all.
3. And the last disadvantages or cons is that the primary camera cannot record videos in slow motion. It should have really come with it as the Snapdragon 625 chipset is 100% capable of handling that.
My Verdict: A powerful and decent price tag with a couple of cons. In case if you are looking for a better alternative smartphone then follow the link below.